* General appearance : sturdy, medium sized, long haired, general square outline.
* Characteristics : Lively, good natured. Loyal companion dog with many engaging ways.
* Temperament : Outgoing, alert, intelligent and game; neither fierce nor pugnacious.
Sparing of affection to strangers.
* Head and skull : Skull of medium length, neither broad nor coarse, narrowing slightly from ear to eye, neither
domed nor absolutely flat between the ears. Zygomatic arch curved, but not overdeveloped so as bulge.
Marked stop in front of eyes but not exaggerated.
Muzzle strong; well developed lower jaw.
Length from eye to tip of nose equal in length from eye to occiput.
Head well furnished with long hair, falling forward over eyes.
Lower jaw carrying small but not exaggerated amount of beard. In all giving a resolute expression.
* Eyes : Large, round, dark brown, neither prominent nor sunken; set fairly wide apart. Eye rims black.
* Ears: Pendant, carried not too close to the head, V shaped, not too large,
set fairly high on the side of the skull, heavily feathered.
* Mouth : Scissor or reverse scissor bite. Incisors set in a slight curve,
evenly spaced and set perpendicular to jaw. Full dentition desirable.
* Neck : Strong, muscular, medium length, allowing head to be carried above
level of back and giving overall balanced appearance.
* Forquarters : Heavily furnished. Shoulders well laid, with good length and
slope of upper arm. Legs straight and parallel; pasterns slightly sloping.
* Body : Well muscled, compact and powerful. Length from point of shoulder to root of tail equal to height
at withers. Fair spring of rib with depth of brisket to elbow. Ribbed well back.
Topline level, loin short and slightly arched, croup level.
* Hindquarters : Heavely furnished, well muscled. Well bent stifles and low set
hocks giving level topline and drive.
* Feet : Large, round, heavely furnished with hair between toes and pads.
Standing well down on his pads, no arch in feet.
* Tail : Medium length set on fairly high and carried in a gay curl over the
back. Very well feathered. Kink near tip often occurring and permissible.
* Gait/Mouvement : Smooth, effortless stride with good reach and powerful drive.
When walking or trotting hind legs should track neither inside nor outside frontlegs.
* Coat : Double coat. Undercoat fine and woolly. Top coat profuse. Fine but
neither silky nor woolly; long; either straight or wavy but not curly.
Colour: White, golden, cream, grey or smoke, black, partial-colour and
tri-colour; in fact any colour except chocolate or liver permissible.
* Size : Height at shoulders: dogs 35, 6 - 40, 60 cm (14 - 16 ins.) bitches slightly smaller.
* Faults : Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault
and the seriousness with which the fault should be in exact proportion to its degree.
NOTE: Male animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum.